Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A little touch of color...

I really don’t like being pale. I always feel better when I have a little color… so this weekend, in between the snow flurries on Saturday, the wind advisory on Sunday and with no sign of summer in sight, I got an organic spray tan. 

I did some research on yelp and found O’liveOrganic Spa.  The spa isn’t particularly close to my apartment but I appreciate their philosophy that “the path to well-being begins with the treatment of mind, body & spirit in a relaxing and nurturing environment” and I really liked that they use a 100% organic tanning formula that is alcohol and preservative free so a friend and I decided to give it a try.
 
The spa is located on the 3rd floor of a rather unassuming building on 23rd Street just east of Park Ave.  It’s a fairly small, let’s call it cozy, space but it was comfortable and clean.  In her enviable accent, Tara, the Spray Tan Technician, thoroughly explained the process (the DHA bronzes by a reaction with the amino acids in the outer layer of my skin), the formula (O’live’s spray tan formula utilizes a 100% organic water-based moisturizing formula made from brown sugar, aloe, green tea, grapefruit extract and Pro-Vitamins) and the best way to care for my “tan” afterwards (avoid showering, sweating or wearing tight clothing for 6-8 hours after treatment).

O’live’s spray tan formula definitely does not have the distinct and strong odor that most ordinary spray tans do.  It could be because of the organic ingredients but it could also be because they let you choose one of five amazing organic fragrances such as coconut (which is what I chose), sweet almond, chocolate, tea and lavender to add to your tanning formula. 

Our “tans” developed gradually over the past couple of days.  I think they look pretty natural… except for the fact that we are walking around New York City with a tan in the middle of February.  What do you think of our sun-kissed glow?
 
Rachel + Me
 
 Cheers!
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing excellent informations. Your web-site is so cool. I’m impressed by the details that you have on this website. It reveals how nicely you understand this subject. Bookmarked this website page, will come back for more blogs.
    Spray Tan in NYC

    ReplyDelete