Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Seeing Double: Inspired Dressing

Adapted from my: How you do one thing is how you do everything. blog post. Read the full post here.
How you do one thing is how you do everything.

If you follow my blog, you're familiar with the way I cook. I find a recipe that looks and sounds good and I follow about 1/3 of it. 1/3 is adjusted to suit my personal taste. 1/3 is adjusted because I don't have the items on hand that are called for in the recipe. The outcome is usually something that resembles the original recipe but totally suits my taste and I don't even miss the ingredients that I had to omit or replace.
As for my personal style, it's a mix of inspiration from magazines/blogs, pieces in my closet that I love and the help of my stylist (and sister), Bryn of Byrdie (check out her blog here). 1/3 of my outfit is usually inspired by a magazine tear or post from a style blog. 1/3 of my outfit is adjusted to suit my personal taste. 1/3 is adjusted because, sadly, I don't have an Hermes Birkin, a Cartier Love bracelet or the amazing leather skirt that Olivia Palermo is wearing in the photo below. So, I make do with the next closest thing in my closet.
How you do one thing is how you do everything.

I thought it would be fun to share with you how I interpret my outfit inspiration and how, just like when you start with a recipe, you can usually come up with something pretty darn close and equally amazing with what you already have on hand.

Stripes. This outfit is very simple but, surprisingly, I never paired these classic items together in this way before.


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment