These protein packed prebaked omelets are the perfect solution for a grab + go breakfast or snack. I found a recipe for Broccoli + Cheese Mini Egg Omelets here, but as you know, I have trouble following recipes. Here is my version of Baked Veggie Omelets.
4 egg whites (organic or from your local farmer’s market)
1 ¼ cup spinach, chopped
½ cup bell pepper, chopped
½ cup onion, chopped
¼ cup goat cheese crumbles
2 TBSP olive oil
Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat 1 TBSP of olive oil I in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onions until translucent (approximately 5-6 minutes).
- Beat eggs, egg whites and salt + pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add onions, chopped bell pepper and 1 cup chopped spinach to the egg mixture and stir until well combined.
- Use a paper towel saturated in 1 TBSP of olive oil to coat the bottom and sides of the muffin tin. Pour the egg + veggie mixture into the greased tins. Fill each about ¾ full. Top each mini omelet evenly with remaining chopped spinach, red pepper flakes and goat cheese crumbles.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until eggs are set and cooked through. Serve immediately or let cool and store in the fridge to reheat + enjoy later in the week.
If you make these omelets in a regular muffin tin, they're perfect for breakfast with a green juice.
For a lunch or dinner size portion, use an oversized muffin tin.
A mini muffin tin is great if you want to serve these as bite-size appetizers at a brunch.
Let me know how you enjoy yours!
Wishing you health + happiness,