Jeannie (aka Brass Knuckles) is a former accessories designer who left New York to get her MBA. She's now a full time marketer and mom to two young kids. The Covert Boutique chronicles her year-long goal to abstain from clothing purchases and revisit memories in her closet.
We are lucky to have Jeannie share her favorite holiday finds with us today. Loving those lacquer trays!
Happy Shopping.1) IOMOI large lacquer tray, $250 -- With small children in the house it's easy to lose things. This gorgeous monogrammed lacquer tray would bring some welcome organization to our coffee table. Beautiful and kid-proof: a #winning combo!
2) Alex+Ani bangles, $78 -- When it comes to arm parties, you can always count on these bangles to bring top-shelf booze and talk to everyone, including your awkward co-workers. That's what makes them the perfect guests and they go great with everything and hence, you invite them every time.
3) Chanel classic flap bag, $(ay dios mio!) -- Usually I'm not too fixated on material possessions but this timeless handbag turns me into a Kardashian. I mean, this bag is the only reason why I occasionally purchase lottery tickets.
4) Birth names are so 2008. This year I'm gifting Twitter-handle name necklaces, $33.95+.
5) Rookie Yearbook One, edited by Tavi Gevinson, $16.45 -- Even though I am an entire generation beyond her demographic, I love Tavi and her Rookie empire. She reminds me of what it was like to be a teenager when you'd find wacky stuff at thrift stores and cry while listening to music and furtively stare at boys in the hallway and life was still this explosive, burgeoning thing. (Sigh).
6) Caroline Amato Fingerless Motorcycle Gloves, $58 -- Perfectly badass, paired with a brightly colored winter coat.
7) Logitech Wireless Speaker Adapter for Bluetooth, $39.99 -- This little gadget allows you to stream music on your iPhone wirelessly to any set of speakers, eliminating the need to watch your dock like a hawk to make sure it doesn't fall prey to grubby little hands.
8) Arlo acrylic tumblers, $3.50-$3.95 -- In our home, glass is a liability. That's why we drink highballs out of plastic sippy cups (have you tried this? It's... not the same). These acrylic tumblers are the perfect solution.
9) Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Tarnish, $19 -- I love lipstick but hate when it gets everywhere. This tingly lip pencil adds a touch of long-lasting color and looks great finished with a coat of Blistex.
10) The ugliest room in our house is the bedroom. Instead of a cozy love nest it looks like the dentist's office at a federal state prison. Threadless has lots of great wall art, $14.50+, including this chuckle-worthy piece that would bring a well-needed pop of personality to our otherwise cadaver-like room.